Connected Reliability Webinars
The Accelix Community’s monthly Best Practices Webinars are a great resource for maintenance and reliability professionals looking to expand their industry knowledge and gain insight into best practices from thought leaders across the globe. The webinars provide you with the opportunity to get their questions answered by industry experts.
Wireless Sensor – MEM’s Accelerometer Basics.
Wednesday, March 13, 2024 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
In this topic we will discuss the use and utility of MEM’s sensors for vibration analysis. We will compare attributes of legacy Piezo electric sensors vs MEM’s including how each works, and strengths & weakness of each. We then discuss how we can leverage the MEM’s sensor in a wireless sensor package and what results we see in using MEM’s for impact detection.
Steven Hudson, Director, Professional Services
- Remote Analysis Services
- Reciprocating Analysis Services
- Field Services
- 35 years in PdM
- ISO Cat IV Vibration Analyst
- Naval Nuclear Power Engineering (Submarines)
- SME Marine, Steel, Food, Combustion Engine
13 Ways to Change Your Maintenance Team Culture
Wednesday, February 7, 2024 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
In my experience, there are three major influences on culture:
- Individual team members – Do they work together? Do they feel their voice is heard? Do they enjoy going to work every day?
- Supervision / management – Do they have an open door policy? Do they listen to employees? Are they willing to take acceptable risks with new ideas?
- Corporate – Are they driven by only the bottom line? Do they provide too much oversight?
Easy efforts to improve the culture positively include ensuring that corporate, plant, department goals are clear, posted and understood, that communication occurs frequently at all levels, and that appropriate personnel are involved at the right level for decision making.
Lee McClish – Director, Maintenance and Reliability for NTT GDC Americas
Lee is currently the Director, Maintenance and Reliability for NTT GDC Americas, a global telecommunications and data center company. His previous positions were held with BASF, Graphic Packaging and Packaging Corporation of America as a Reliability Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, RCM Manager and Production Manager. He also served in the US Navy as a Submarine Officer. He holds a BSME, MBA, CMRP, CRL, CPMM. He is the author of a recent book “Maintenance Leadership 101” published through Reliability Web and available on Amazon.